Saturday, February 6, 2010
DIVING RIGHT IN


Going into depth of what kind of projects I'll be working on in these next few months... Three of my good friends from college all got engaged within half a year (two on the same day!!), and asked me to help with their wedding "stationary." Three lovely girls... three wedding days... a LOT of paper.

Honestly, I didn't realize how much design and paper items went into a themed wedding, especially if the wedding wants to reflect personal touches of both the bride and groom. And what young modern couple doesn't want that!?

The first wedding that is coming up is expected to be in late April, giving planning roughly three and a half months. Yikes! Thankfully, she is a sweet and thoughtful type A. She responds to my emails within minutes and is full of ideas, opinions, and resources. I am completely immersed in the planning and preparation of her wedding. Sometimes it's all I can think about and I spend my time brainstorming, AdobeIllustrating, and tweaking. My boyfriend officially refers it to "bethanizing" (her name is Bethany).

"Hi, dear. Are you bethanizing?"
"Yes."
[doesn't respond for hours]

Poor boyfriend. :(

These are the items that require paper&design:
1. Invitations - check
2. Venue map and directions cards - check
3. Personalized envelopes - check
4. Thank you cards - check
5. Website - in progress
6. Rehearsal dinner invitations
7. Programs
8. Seating chart
9. Seating place cards
10. Favor tags

I'm sure more details will come up... The list always has potential for growth!

When items are actually publicly released, I will post with photos.

P.S. One of my closest friends got engaged this morning! Will post a bit on that later...

  JANET posted at 4:47 PM | 6 comments




{ABOUT}

JANET CHANG



I'm obsessed with the customization of anything and everything because I believe a one-of-a-kind item reveals the self and transforms ownership into something special. For now, graphic design is only a hobby of mine that I picked up from architecture school, but some days I tickle the thought of making it into a part-time career.



{ARCHIVES}
2010.02
2010.03
2010.04
2010.05
2010.06
2010.07
2010.08
2010.09
2010.11
2010.12
2011.03
2011.05
2011.07
2011.11
2012.01
2012.06
2012.09
2013.03
2013.07
2014.01


{CONTACT ME}
janet@whimsicalthumb



 SUBSCRIBE!