Thursday, February 25, 2010
B&B RELEASE PART 2

A little sad that this is the conclusion of the b&b invitations. But let's not forget that there are so many more paper elements in a wedding (remember my long list a couple posts ago?), so my work definitely does not end here.

When Bethany first told me about the theme of her wedding ("the best things in life start with b"), I could not stop thinking about b words! Even the bad ones :X. I was genuinely excited and went through a few initial ideas, but those were scrapped. Note to self: Bethany does not like bees, bubbles, or balloons. Eventually, what really got the final design into momentum was sitting down together on a Sunday afternoon and drawing and laying things out on a piece of paper towel. It was a little weird constantly grabbing and referencing to that paper towel while designing.

A lot of the time spent on these invitations was just doodling on my Wacom tablet and creating 31 icons of things that start with the letter "b." Sometimes I would mess up, or a straight line wouldn't look straight at all, but I decided to leave it, not because I was tired or lazy (okay, maybe sometimes!), but because I think it added to the quirky feel that Bethany was going for. Among some of my favorite icons are... blackberry, backpack, bicycle, and bethany-bus (Bryan's Subaru WRX).




Here's the complete set.
Left to right, top to bottom: Invitation interior, invitation back, invitation front, envelope, map&directions card.




Okay, I admit... I am smitten with the map... It's my favorite part of the invitation.
I should go into cartography. 
 





The long list of words that start with b (notice the one line of Korean words).



Here's to the beautiful batch of b&b invites. Bye!

  JANET posted at 3:43 PM | 7 comments




{ABOUT}

JANET CHANG



I'm obsessed with the customization of anything and everything because I believe a one-of-a-kind item reveals the self and transforms ownership into something special. For now, graphic design is only a hobby of mine that I picked up from architecture school, but some days I tickle the thought of making it into a part-time career.



{ARCHIVES}
2010.02
2010.03
2010.04
2010.05
2010.06
2010.07
2010.08
2010.09
2010.11
2010.12
2011.03
2011.05
2011.07
2011.11
2012.01
2012.06
2012.09
2013.03
2013.07
2014.01


{CONTACT ME}
janet@whimsicalthumb



 SUBSCRIBE!